Electrical Trains for Izmir Commuter Rail System
Client: Izmir Greater Municipality, Türkei
The city of Izmir is the third biggest city of Turkey with the total population of over 3 Mio citizens. The public transport is dominated by bus services. Additionally a light rail line offers connection along the East-West corridor and links the suburbs and the southern downtown.
The project scope includes design, implementation and commissioning of a high-capacity commuter rail service on the basis of the existing but outdated suburban rail infrastructure along the North-South corridor. The project started back in 2003 by the Joint Venture of LRTC GmbH (subsidiary of Rail&Bus Consultants GmbH) and a local engineering partner.
The operating company IZBAN will procure 33 electrical 3-car trains for this system. Rail&Bus Consultants supports this process with the following services:
- Review of available studies
- Development & evaluation of alternative vehicle concepts
- Recommendation on necessary adjustments on the available documentation in compliance with the new procurement regulations
- Elaboration of the technical specifications, RAMS requirements and test proce-dures
- Consultancy support of the Client in various engineering and design aspects
- Management of static / dynamic manufacturing and acceptance tests
- Support during commissioning and operation start-up phase