Regional Tram Project of Tyrol Central Area
Client: Innsbrucker Verkehrsbetriebe und Stubaitalbahn (IVB) GmbH
IVB operates three urban tramway lines and the „Stubaitalbahn“. It is also planned to expand and upgrade the system to an integrated urban-regional Light Rail network in the near future.The existing fleet which is partly over 40 years old is gradually replaced with modern vehicles of 100% low-floor technology.
Under the contract won in the EU tender process the consortium of Bombardier Transportation GmbH (vehicle) and ELIN EBG Traction GmbH (electrical system) will deliver 32 vehicles between 2007 and 2009.
Upon commissioning and licensing through the responsible supervision authority the vehilces are systematically checked for contract compliance and free-of-defects condition and pass final acceptance tests by the Client.
The following services were performed in the project:
- Elaboration of client requirement specifications
- Elaboration of evaluation criteria
- Preparation and implementation of EU tender process
- Examination and evaluation of the proposals
- Consultancy support at negotiations
- Recommendation on the contract award
- Consultancy support during elaboration of detailed technical specifications
- Consultancy support during engineering phase
- Supervision and documentation of type and series tests
- Development of systematic approach for vehicle acceptance process
- Elaboration of document structure for vehicle acceptance process
- Elaboration of standardized checklists for vehicle acceptance tests, documenta-tion of defects found and corrective measures by the supplier
- Performance of the first vehicle acceptance process