Tel Aviv LRT Red Line Track Design
Client: NTA Metropolitan Mass Transit System Ltd, Tel Aviv, Israel
Tel Aviv Light Rail Project is being carried out by a Joint Venture of LRTC (subsidiary company of Rail&Bus) and its Israeli partner Decker Building and Engineering Ltd.
The planned light rail section through the city of Tel Aviv is a part of the future comprehensive Light Rail System in the Metropolitan Area of Tel Aviv including tunnel sections in the Central Business District (CBD). This project will be the second Light Rail System in Israel after the opening of the Light Rail System in Jerusalem.
Comprehensive international consulting and engineering know how is required for all system components and sub components.
The scope of services for the at grade sections of the Tel Aviv LRT Red Line includes the following work packages:
- Design Criteria Definition
- Definition of the “Design Vehicle” and the related parameters
- Typical Cross Sections
- Construction Methology
- Load calculations for track structure
- Noise and vibration mitigation system
- Track tolerances review
- Definition of standards for construction and supplies
- Review of Alignment Drawings of final design stage
- Design Calculation
- Risk Assessment for Derailment Containment
- RAMS – Requirement for the Track System according to EN 50126